While I have been working on some models for an upcoming tournament, I have mostly been working on laser cutting stuff. I went to use the laser last Thursday and I was warned that the filter on the Universal was shot and I may want to try the Epilog. The problem is their Epilog doesn't engrave and my designs had a lot of engraving. Plus all my lines are hairline which is what the Epilog uses for cuts. Which would be bad.I decided to press my luck on the Universal and boy did it go poorly. I mean really poorly. I jumped to their Epilog and was able to cut the screen and that worked out.
This Sunday I went early and hit the laser again. The Universal was setup and ready. First cuts went well. Cut the lid for my troop tray. The new insert was next. It cut but not all the way through. I chalked it up to inputting the wrong depth.
With still an hour of available time, I went and cut both of my prototype buildings. Neither cut all the way through despite additional changes. The larger of the two was salvageable. The measurements were spot on except for the roof which I failed to account for the increased size of the actual sides. My bad. At least I can make a change and then work from there to add details.
The first image shows the front. The door or front window didn't cut through. This will be a restaurant. I plan on having a large piece of acrylic as the front door and windows. Need to add details to the building now that the sizes work.