Monday, April 29, 2013

For the Emperor!

About a year or so ago, I started working on a Black Templar army.  The primary colors were black and yellow to symbolize their devotion to their primarch and to show that even the Codex Arstartes cannot break their link.  When 6th edition dropped, I shelved it after some test matches showed they behaved really badly.

Fast forward to a few months ago.  I got the itch to play marines again  Not that I don't enjoy playing CSM but they have a few builds that are competitive but I don't find fun.  I don't enjoy staying alive enough for the Heldrakes to come in and save my bacon.

I already have a large selection of poorly painted Ultramarines but I wanted to reuse the models I have from the Black Templar.  So, I went ahead and started painting.  Here what is being worked on.





Here are the colors I used.
I started to work on the IG Colossus and the digital camo.  It didn't turn out very well.  I think the main issue was the fact that the puppet war models were really detailed and the vinyl masking didn't have a even surface to stick on.  I am going to repaint them gray and then go ahead and do normal camo.  I will be going ahead and trying the digital camo on the manticore.  It has a lot of flat surface and I think it will look good.

2 comments:

  1. I respect your ability to stick with it regardless how the paint job came out. Great plan for the next attempt.

    Respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. Getting frustrated is easy but most of the time it's pretty easy to just fix the mistake another way.

      I should post the pics of the tanks. They are really bad. I did figure out where the digital camo went wrong. When I do it again, I will most likely show the ones I messed up on and then re-done ones.

      Delete